Thursday, June 5, 2014

Retro Play of the Week: "Gimme Shelter" by the Rolling Stones

I've been very very busy lately, but I promise it'll get better soon and then I can post more! Yay!!! As always, here's the Retro Play of the Week!

A few days ago, I watched this absolutely amazing documentary on Netflix called "20 Feet from Stardom" about the world of backup vocalists. It's so cool to see the faces behind the iconic backup voices that we so often take for granted, one of them being Merry Clayton, the female singer in this Rolling Stone hit. Sure, the song would've been good without Clayton's killer vocals, but with it, it's inarguably phenomenal. Learn more about Merry Clayton HERE!








And here's the trailer for that documentary. I highly recommend it!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment