Sunday, September 28, 2014

How To Remove Pin-Up Makeup + Product Reviews

m.beautifulshoes.org
Kind of a while back, I wrote a post about applying pin-up makeup which you can view HERE! Yet, with every makeup tutorial there is the oh-so dreaded makeup removal process. At least it's a process I used to dread before I discovered the right products.

The first thing you should know about me is that I have extremely sensitive skin, as in I went to a dermatologist and they confirmed this. Because of this I need products that are gentle on the skin and fragrance-free. But first and foremost...

My Steps for Removing (Pin-Up) Makeup

  1. Remove lipstick - I do this first because otherwise you risk getting lipstick all over your hands if you remove your eye makeup first (maybe I'm just messy!). I use my CeraVe cleanser (reviewed below) for this step. I usually use a cotton pad for this step.

  2. Remove eyeliner and eyeshadow - I use Neutrogena Hydrating Eye Makeup Remover Lotion for this step (reviewed below). I first use a cotton pad for the general area and then I'll use a cotton swab along the lash line because I don't like to tear at my eyelashes.

  3. Remove fake eyelashes (I don't wear fake eyelashes so I don't have any advice here, but I did find THIS nifty article about the matter).

  4. Now, I typically shower at night so this is where I would jump in and let the steam and water take care of the rest! While in the shower, wash your face using a gentle cleansing scrub, like the CeraVe cleanser.

  5. Then once out of the shower, remove any mascara that ran. Once again, I'll just use a cotton swab with a little bit of the Neutrogena Hydrating Eye Makeup Remover Lotion.

  6. If you find you have dry skin after removing makeup or if your skin is typically dry, this is where you would apply a light moisturizer to your face.

Products Reviews

(Note: I am in no way being compensated to endorse these products. I just really believe in them and I want to spread the word!)


CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser


www.drugstore.com
To remove all dirt, oil, and makeup at the end of the day, my go-to product is CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser. I usually slab it on in the shower every night and bam, you're done! The steam opens your pores right up allowing the cleanser to soak deep into your skin. But I typically don't wear a lot of makeup every day so all my makeup comes off pretty easily.

PROS
  • Gentle on skin
  • Moisturizing
  • Fragrance-free
  • Softens skin
  • Non-greasy
  • Award-winning
  • Recommended by dermatologists

CONS
  • Expensive (a 12 oz. bottle will run you about $10-12)

CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser is available at Walmart, Target, Amazon, Ulta, Walgreens, CVS, and many other retailers!



Neutrogena Hydrating Eye Makeup Remover Lotion


www.drugstore.com
When it comes to specifically eye removing makeup, this stuff is MAGICAL. Seriously, I can't stress it enough! I've tried so many other similar products and nothing works as well as this stuff! I most commonly use it on a cotton swab throughout the day to touch up any mascara or eyeliner that smudges. At the end of the day, I'll just smother it all over my eyes with my fingers and then wipe with a cotton round, and the best part is, it won't sting your eyes at all! It's absolutely wonderful. I also use this product to touch up lipstick around the edges, also using a cotton swab.

PROS
  • Gentle on skin
  • Lightweight
  • Non-greasy
  • Fragrance-free
  • Hydrating
  • Removes waterproof mascara
  • Contains cucumber & aloe extracts
  • Relatively inexpensive (a 3 oz. bottle costs $7-8 depending on where you purchase it from. I consider this a good price because a little goes a long way! I've been using the same bottle for about 2 years now.)

CONS
  • None that I can think of! I mean, if you use it repeatedly in the same spot and press too hard with a cotton round, then yeah, it'll make your skin raw...

Neutrogena Hydrating Eye Makeup Remover Lotion is available at WalmartAmazonUltaWalgreens, and others!

Another note... Because this stuff works so well, if you have any little bit of it on your face and then try to apply makeup over it, your makeup up will smudge with the lightest touch, so if you use it and then plan to reapply makeup, rinse the area well with water.



Well, there you go! I hope this information has helped you in some way! Let me know in the comments below if there are products that you like to use to remove makeup, especially heavy pin-up makeup!





No comments:

Post a Comment